Everyone needs a fry-up once in a while. Serve this remarkably egg-like scramble with sauteed mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and Fry’s sausages.
230g firm tofu
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups kale or spinach, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2/ teaspoon garlic powder
1/2/ teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Press the tofu between kitchen towels (between two chopping boards, under some cookbooks) for about 15 minutes to remove some of the water.
- Put the spices in a small bowl and add enough water to make a pourable sauce. Set aside.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and red papper. Stir and cook until soft, season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the kale (or spinach), and cover to steam for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, crumble the tofu into the pan, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the sauce and stir to distribute evenly. Add the veggies back into the pan, mix and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the tofu is slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.